Fundraise For Us!
Host a Fundraiser!
With the help of your friends, co-workers, and family, you can help more people receive Animal-Assisted Therapy!
These are some examples of fundraisers you could organize to help Hand in Paw:
- Birthday Party: Have friends donate to Hand in Paw instead of buying gifts. Turning 29 and want to raise $2,900 for HIP? What a great idea!
- Jeans Day: Employees make a donation to Hand in Paw and are invited to wear jeans to work.
- Sports or Games Tournament: Host a bowling, cornhole, baseball, or Scrabble tournament, with entry fees benefitting HIP.
- Special Promotion: Donate a portion of all sales of a select item.
- Car Wash, Yard Sale, and Lemonade Stand
- Food Festival: Organize a cook-off or BBQ block party with your friends and neighbors.
- Challenge Drive: Display a Hand in Paw collection box and inform your customers that you will match a portion of funds donated.
- Change Drive: Employees collect loose change over a period of time and donate it to Hand in Paw.
The Jessica Society
In memory of Jessica Franklin, Hand in Paw’s first therapy dog, HIP offers you the chance to leave a legacy of love. In the spirit of the small dog with such a big mission, society members have included Hand in Paw in their wills. HIP can be a beneficiary in your will in the following ways:
- Specific Bequest- An outright gift either as a designated dollar amount or percentage of your estate could be specified.
- Residual Bequest- Hand in Paw can be named to receive funds only after specific sums have been provided for your other beneficiaries.
- Contingent Bequest- Takes effect in the event of death of your other primary beneficiaries.
To become a member of The Jessica Society please contact Beth Franklin at Hand in Paw at 205.322.5144 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workplace giving is an easy and convenient way to help throughout the year via payroll deduction. Your company may also have a matching gift program, where they will match what you donate to a charity.
Alabama State Employees Combined Campaign
The Alabama State Employees Combined Campaign allows you to give to a designated charity through three different avenues - Payroll deduction, Cash or Check contribution. Giving through payroll deduction is the most encouraged avenue of supporting your favorite charitable organization for many reasons; it gives continuing income to designated agencies throughout the year, and it provides an accurate bookkeeping/audit trail for your pay records. To donate through the Alabama State Employees Combined Campaign, click here to fill out the pledge card. Hand in Paw’s Agency Code is 054012.
Combined Federal Campaign
This is the workplace giving campaign for federal employees, and almost every office manages its own campaign. For information on how to connect with your office’s CFC campaign, please visit www.centralalabamacfc.org or http://www.opm.gov/combined-federal-campaign. Hand in Paw’s CFC designation number is 78467.
UAB Benevolent Fund
The Benevolent Fund, founded and governed by UAB employees, recognizes the importance of giving back to our community. It benefits more than 120 charitable and health organizations. The Benevolent Fund makes giving easy through payroll deductions. If you work at UAB, and would like to designate Hand in Paw, please click here.
Shop to Give
Shop at any of these places and money will be donated to Hand in Paw. Click the icons and get to shopping!
- Video camera
- Zip/flash drives
- White 1/2 inch binders
- White copy paper
- Gift cards to Office Depot, Office Max and Staples
- Gift cards to Wal-Mart or grocery stores
- Paper plates, napkins, plastic cutlery, disposable cups
- Canned soda, bottled water
- Postage stamps
- Credit at a local printer (for signs, stationary, Therapy Team business cards, etc.)
- Waters (for evaluations and volunteer training)
- 2 pocket folders with 3 prong inserts
- Dry snacks (for evaluations and volunteer training): Granola bars • Pretzels • Nuts
- Items for new team visit bags: Small packs of wet wipes • Pet wipes • Hand sanitizer (non-scented) • Lint rollers (small) • Doggy poop bags