It’s time to save Saturday, April 7th, 2018 for the 9th Annual Mutt Strut: 5K & 1-Mile Fun Run. Hand in Paw was born in the 90’s, so this year we’re throwing it back to that fly decade. Dust off your Walkman, grab your furry best friend and head to Sloss Furnaces for an event that’s sure to be all that and a bag of chips. You’ll scream “Boo-yah!” when you score a race bag filled with mad swag, a choice of tee or tank, and a bandana that will make your dog look doper than Air Bud.
Support Hand in Paw by registering to run/walk, join a team, or become a sponsor!
Saturday, April 7, 2018
5K Start Time: 9am
1 Mile Start Time: 9:30am
*Early packet pick-up will be available Thursday and Friday, April 5th and 6th at the Hand in Paw office from 10am-6pm.
617 38th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35222
20 32nd Street North
Birmingham, AL 35222
1 Mile: $25.00
Sleep In!: $15.00 (Don't want to run? Still want to donate? Sleep In! You will still receive a race packet with a t-shirt!)
Mutt Strut t-shirts will be available while supplies last, and every runner with a dog will receive a bandana.
Please note that your registration fee is non-refundable.
Fun things about Mutt Strut:
- Support Hand in Paw
- Get exercise
- Get an awesome swag bag filled with goodies and dog items
- Spend the day with your dog
- Great family-friendly event
- Receive a Mutt Strut T-Shirt or Tank
- If you participate with your dog, they will receive a run scarf
- Visit local vendors
- Enjoy an awesome after party at Trim Tab Brewing Co.
- Top Fundraising Individual
- Top Fundraising Team
- Fastest Dog (5K)
- Slowest Dog (Overall)
- Fastest Human (male and female)
- Best Dog Costume
- Best Human + Dog Duo Costume
- Best Race Team Spirit
Create a team! Get together 2 or more individuals. Team members can consist of family, friends, co-workers, classmates, athletes or anyone else you can recruit. Team members can be any combination of runners, walkers and/or kids.
- Team Photos On Race Morning
Celebrate your team’s accomplishments in supporting Hand in Paw. Team photos will be taken at the photo zone near the race start/finish. Check the event map in your race packet for this location.
- Additional Team Captain Information
Be a leader, be a Team Captain! The role of Team Captain is very important in organizing a team. Listed below is an outline of the roles and responsibilities of the Team Captain:
* Make sure to fill out all the information about your team correctly
* Encourage everyone to fundraise for Hand in Paw
* Communicate important race information to your team
* Have fun! Come up with a fun 90's theme!